Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Time Flies This Time of Year!

Well, it is amazing how December always sneaks up on me. I think I'm ready for it, but classwork, papers and performances take over and then I wake up from the dream sometime in January!

So, back on track...the adventures in technology this semester have been terrific. I am excited about podcasting. Eric and I are working on some new recordings and I can't wait to get those up online. www.surveymonkey.com turns out to be a great resource for research studies - you can design a survey in detail, post it online, surveymonkey collects and sorts the data for you - wow! That has made my life easier this semester. And in music tech we are just learning how to make flash files. I am looking forward to designing a more elaborate website with these tools.

Final thoughts on technology for today - it is a love-hate relationship! Technology can be so useful, so streamlined and so creative, yet it can be time-consuming and frustrating when you are stuck troubleshooting, looking for 'a needle in a haystack'. I wouldn't trade it in, but sometimes it wears me out - like December!

No comments: